Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Volunteering

Today I got out of the house and volunteered at the hospital. I love my home and family but I needed to get out and do something else as well. I get depressed and very unhappy unless I reach outside of my own house for some of my fulfillment. My passions and creatively just aren’t released while I complete household chores.

I finished a major photocopying project for the human resources department in the morning. Creative? My passion? No! But a change of scenery was welcome just the same. Being with other adults is a plus as well. I like the dark blue jacket and picture name tag I get to wear as a volunteer.

In the afternoon I went through training with another volunteer. We learned about all the important issues dealing with working in a hospital. My dad was the instructor and he did a wonderful job. I wasn’t able to get my TB test as there was a question that one or more of my immunizations for my India trip involved a live virus vaccine. If so I could get a false positive.

Off and on today, I have pondered the loss of the Steve Irwin. Visit my other blog to view my ponderings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home