Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Joy of Friendship


I spent a good portion of my day on Wednesday with my friend Michal Magee. We taught together several years ago. Michal, retired for four years, is now substitute teaching and tutoring part time. It was wonderful to be myself and be totally accepted. We talked for hours. Michal is such a good listener and talks about interesting things. Lunch was at a Chinese Restraunt followed by shopping at Hobby Lobby. Michal makes beautiful jewlery that she will sell at a club fundraiser. Joan, her little dog, abounds with energy and affection. It was fun petting and watching her. I thank God for my dear friend, Michal. Friends make me feel complete. I am refreshed to take up my tasks as a mother, wife, and whole person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home